Hiring an Affordable Sun Valley NV Handyman
Hiring a handyman in Sun Valley NV can be an affordable alternative to doing various home repair or improvement projects yourself that you have been avoiding. With multiple family and work responsibilities, it can often be difficult to work on your list of home repairs, which can have a negative impact on home maintenance. A handyman is usually less expensive than licensed contractors who specialize in one area exclusively, such as plumbers or electricians. And with their extensive and broad experience, they can help you avoid making mistakes when installing a washing machine, replacing a garbage disposal, or putting in a new tile floor yourself. There is nothing more frustrating than having to hire someone to re-do the job after you have done it very badly. Also, it can end up being more expensive than if you had hired a professional to begin with. So, if you are considering doing some home renovations or fixing something in the house that needs repair, consider the benefits of hiring a professional handyman instead.
Why Hire a Handyman Instead
Sometimes it is best to leave it to the experts when considering home maintenance or repair. A qualified and experienced Sun Valley NV handyman can not only get the job done fast but do it right the first time, saving you frustration and time for other obligations. But what are the benefits of hiring a handyman compared to other options. Let’s take a look at some of the main reasons that it makes sense to utilize handyman services for your next home project.
- Charge by the hour. Most handymen in Sun Valley NV charge by the hour and not by the job. This means that you only pay for the time spent doing actual work and not pre-set service charges plus additional costs that could far exceed what a handyman charges. They also tend to have lower overhead and no employees, so they can charge less than a typical plumber or electrician.
- Can handle several projects. Perhaps you have a faucet that needs replacing, an outlet that needs to be changed out, and a bedroom that needs to be painted. Instead of trying to find and coordinate with a reliable Sun Valley NV plumber, electrician and painter, an experienced handyman can handle all of those projects.
- Save money on materials. When you hire a contractor, generally they supply the materials at a mark-up. When working with a handyman, you supply the materials, saving you money. And often an experienced handyman has connections that they have established with Sun Valley NV vendors offering them discounts that they can pass on to their customers.
- The Go-To person for all home repair projects. The great thing about having the phone number for an experienced Sun Valley NV professional handyman is that you don’t have to think about who to call when the toilet leaks or the ceiling fan stops working. You just call your guy (or gal) and they come over and take care of the problem. And if the job is a little more involved than they can handle, they can usually recommend a “specialist” to take care of your more advanced plumbing, electrical or HVAC needs.
Steps to Hiring a Handyman
Being comfortable with and having confidence in your Sun Valley NV handyman is extremely important, especially since they are working in your home. The last thing that you want to do is hire someone who does not have the skills required to complete the project or that will charge you more than the agreed upon price. So be sure to do your due diligence and follow these hiring guidelines when selecting and hiring your handyman.
- Interview several prospects. As the song goes, you better shop around. Be sure to speak with 3 or 4 candidates before making a selection. Referral services, such as the one recommended on this website, can do the groundwork for you by providing pre-screened Sun Valley NV handymen. Be sure to ask about their experience, areas of expertise and rates.
- Clearly define the project. Make sure your prospective handyman understands the scope and all details of the project. It is important to make sure that it is within the range of his or her expertise and experience and not more appropriate for a licensed Sun Valley NV contractor.
- Ask for references. Get references from recent Sun Valley NV customers who have used the handyman’s services, for similar projects if available. Ask if they were completely satisfied with the work performed as well as the cost of services. Also ask if they would hire the handyman again for future projects.
- Get Agreement and Guarantee in writing. Make sure the terms are spelled out in writing, to include all fees involved and any guarantees for workmanship. Since you are paying by the hour it is not as critical to get the exact project cost up front, especially for small jobs. But there needs to be a formal understanding regarding hourly rate and if the Sun Valley NV handyman stands behind his work. And for longer projects, a start and completion date, along with estimated billed hours should be spelled out in writing before work begins.
A Bit About Sun Valley NV
Sun Valley, Nevada
Sun Valley is a census-designated place (CDP) in Washoe County, Nevada, USA. The population was 19,299 at the 2010 census. It is north of Reno and is part of the Reno–Sparks Metropolitan Statistical Area.
As of the census of 2000, there were 19,461 people, 6,380 households, and 4,816 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,297.2 inhabitants per square mile (500.9/km²). There were 6,703 housing units at an average density of 446.8 per square mile (172.5/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 79.78% White, 2.20% African American, 1.93% Native American, 2.21% Asian, 0.62% Pacific Islander, 9.51% from other races, and 3.74% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 21.13% of the population.
There were 6,380 households out of which 40.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.3% were married couples living together, 13.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.5% were non-families. 15.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 4.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.05 and the average family size was 3.39.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 30.8% under the age of 18, 8.5% from 18 to 24, 32.5% from 25 to 44, 20.8% from 45 to 64, and 7.5% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females there were 102.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 100.0 males.
Is Hiring a Sun Valley NV Handyman Right For You?
We all have home repair or replacement projects that we keep putting off that a qualified Sun Valley NV handyman could take care of quickly and at a cost that is very reasonable and affordable. After all, isn’t it more cost effective to have the project done once and right the first time? Many handymen are skilled in several areas such as:
- Door repair and installation
- Drywall repair and installation
- Painting and Plastering
- Window repair or replacement
- Minor plumbing or electrical services
- Carpentry or Roof repair
- Flooring installation and repair
- Any general home repair, replacement or improvement
So what are you waiting for? Take care of your “Honey Do” list and request free estimates from some of the top rated handymen in Sun Valley NV. There is no cost or obligation to be connected with professionals who will compete for your business. So request your free proposals and take care of those home repair projects now!
Check Out These Other Cities in Nevada
Business Results 1 - 10 of 242