Hiring an Affordable Washington MO Handyman
Hiring a handyman in Washington MO can be an affordable alternative to doing various home repair or improvement projects yourself that you have been avoiding. With multiple family and work responsibilities, it can often be difficult to work on your list of home repairs, which can have a negative impact on home maintenance. A handyman is usually less expensive than licensed contractors who specialize in one area exclusively, such as plumbers or electricians. And with their extensive and broad experience, they can help you avoid making mistakes when installing a washing machine, replacing a garbage disposal, or putting in a new tile floor yourself. There is nothing more frustrating than having to hire someone to re-do the job after you have done it very badly. Also, it can end up being more expensive than if you had hired a professional to begin with. So, if you are considering doing some home renovations or fixing something in the house that needs repair, consider the benefits of hiring a professional handyman instead.
Why Hire a Handyman Instead
Sometimes it is best to leave it to the experts when considering home maintenance or repair. A qualified and experienced Washington MO handyman can not only get the job done fast but do it right the first time, saving you frustration and time for other obligations. But what are the benefits of hiring a handyman compared to other options. Let’s take a look at some of the main reasons that it makes sense to utilize handyman services for your next home project.
- Charge by the hour. Most handymen in Washington MO charge by the hour and not by the job. This means that you only pay for the time spent doing actual work and not pre-set service charges plus additional costs that could far exceed what a handyman charges. They also tend to have lower overhead and no employees, so they can charge less than a typical plumber or electrician.
- Can handle several projects. Perhaps you have a faucet that needs replacing, an outlet that needs to be changed out, and a bedroom that needs to be painted. Instead of trying to find and coordinate with a reliable Washington MO plumber, electrician and painter, an experienced handyman can handle all of those projects.
- Save money on materials. When you hire a contractor, generally they supply the materials at a mark-up. When working with a handyman, you supply the materials, saving you money. And often an experienced handyman has connections that they have established with Washington MO vendors offering them discounts that they can pass on to their customers.
- The Go-To person for all home repair projects. The great thing about having the phone number for an experienced Washington MO professional handyman is that you don’t have to think about who to call when the toilet leaks or the ceiling fan stops working. You just call your guy (or gal) and they come over and take care of the problem. And if the job is a little more involved than they can handle, they can usually recommend a “specialist” to take care of your more advanced plumbing, electrical or HVAC needs.
Steps to Hiring a Handyman
Being comfortable with and having confidence in your Washington MO handyman is extremely important, especially since they are working in your home. The last thing that you want to do is hire someone who does not have the skills required to complete the project or that will charge you more than the agreed upon price. So be sure to do your due diligence and follow these hiring guidelines when selecting and hiring your handyman.
- Interview several prospects. As the song goes, you better shop around. Be sure to speak with 3 or 4 candidates before making a selection. Referral services, such as the one recommended on this website, can do the groundwork for you by providing pre-screened Washington MO handymen. Be sure to ask about their experience, areas of expertise and rates.
- Clearly define the project. Make sure your prospective handyman understands the scope and all details of the project. It is important to make sure that it is within the range of his or her expertise and experience and not more appropriate for a licensed Washington MO contractor.
- Ask for references. Get references from recent Washington MO customers who have used the handyman’s services, for similar projects if available. Ask if they were completely satisfied with the work performed as well as the cost of services. Also ask if they would hire the handyman again for future projects.
- Get Agreement and Guarantee in writing. Make sure the terms are spelled out in writing, to include all fees involved and any guarantees for workmanship. Since you are paying by the hour it is not as critical to get the exact project cost up front, especially for small jobs. But there needs to be a formal understanding regarding hourly rate and if the Washington MO handyman stands behind his work. And for longer projects, a start and completion date, along with estimated billed hours should be spelled out in writing before work begins.
A Bit About Washington MO
Washington is a city on the Missouri River in Franklin County, Missouri, United States. The population was 13,892 from the 2010 census. It is the corncob pipe capital of the world, with Missouri Meerschaum located on the riverfront.
Washington is located at 38°33′7″N 91°0′48″W / 38.55194°N 91.01333°W / 38.55194; -91.01333 (38.551879, -91.013313). According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 9.87 square miles (25.56 km2), of which, 9.34 square miles (24.19 km2) is land and 0.53 square miles (1.37 km2) is water. The city has an extreme continental climate. The majority of annual precipitation falls during the humid springs and summers. Typically, falls and winters are relatively dry. While snow is not rare, it is not as frequent as in the upper Midwest. An average of 19 inches falls annually.
Named after George Washington after it came under American control, the town was first settled during the rule of the Spanish Empire. It was originally called St. John Meyer's Settlement and was the site of the Spanish log fort, San Juan del Misuri (1796–1803).
Family and followers of Daniel Boone settled the area starting in 1799. In 1814 a ferry boat was licensed for crossing the Missouri River to the north and the settlement became known as Washington Landing. In 1827 a town was laid out, with sale of lots starting in 1829. The cost of land was waived if the buyer could build a substantial house within two years. This encouraged many new settlers.
Is Hiring a Washington MO Handyman Right For You?
We all have home repair or replacement projects that we keep putting off that a qualified Washington MO handyman could take care of quickly and at a cost that is very reasonable and affordable. After all, isn’t it more cost effective to have the project done once and right the first time? Many handymen are skilled in several areas such as:
- Door repair and installation
- Drywall repair and installation
- Painting and Plastering
- Window repair or replacement
- Minor plumbing or electrical services
- Carpentry or Roof repair
- Flooring installation and repair
- Any general home repair, replacement or improvement
So what are you waiting for? Take care of your “Honey Do” list and request free estimates from some of the top rated handymen in Washington MO. There is no cost or obligation to be connected with professionals who will compete for your business. So request your free proposals and take care of those home repair projects now!
Check Out These Other Cities in Missouri
Business Results 1 - 10 of 121