Hiring an Affordable Zimmerman MN Handyman
Hiring a handyman in Zimmerman MN can be an affordable alternative to doing various home repair or improvement projects yourself that you have been avoiding. With multiple family and work responsibilities, it can often be difficult to work on your list of home repairs, which can have a negative impact on home maintenance. A handyman is usually less expensive than licensed contractors who specialize in one area exclusively, such as plumbers or electricians. And with their extensive and broad experience, they can help you avoid making mistakes when installing a washing machine, replacing a garbage disposal, or putting in a new tile floor yourself. There is nothing more frustrating than having to hire someone to re-do the job after you have done it very badly. Also, it can end up being more expensive than if you had hired a professional to begin with. So, if you are considering doing some home renovations or fixing something in the house that needs repair, consider the benefits of hiring a professional handyman instead.
Why Hire a Handyman Instead
Sometimes it is best to leave it to the experts when considering home maintenance or repair. A qualified and experienced Zimmerman MN handyman can not only get the job done fast but do it right the first time, saving you frustration and time for other obligations. But what are the benefits of hiring a handyman compared to other options. Let’s take a look at some of the main reasons that it makes sense to utilize handyman services for your next home project.
- Charge by the hour. Most handymen in Zimmerman MN charge by the hour and not by the job. This means that you only pay for the time spent doing actual work and not pre-set service charges plus additional costs that could far exceed what a handyman charges. They also tend to have lower overhead and no employees, so they can charge less than a typical plumber or electrician.
- Can handle several projects. Perhaps you have a faucet that needs replacing, an outlet that needs to be changed out, and a bedroom that needs to be painted. Instead of trying to find and coordinate with a reliable Zimmerman MN plumber, electrician and painter, an experienced handyman can handle all of those projects.
- Save money on materials. When you hire a contractor, generally they supply the materials at a mark-up. When working with a handyman, you supply the materials, saving you money. And often an experienced handyman has connections that they have established with Zimmerman MN vendors offering them discounts that they can pass on to their customers.
- The Go-To person for all home repair projects. The great thing about having the phone number for an experienced Zimmerman MN professional handyman is that you don’t have to think about who to call when the toilet leaks or the ceiling fan stops working. You just call your guy (or gal) and they come over and take care of the problem. And if the job is a little more involved than they can handle, they can usually recommend a “specialist” to take care of your more advanced plumbing, electrical or HVAC needs.
Steps to Hiring a Handyman
Being comfortable with and having confidence in your Zimmerman MN handyman is extremely important, especially since they are working in your home. The last thing that you want to do is hire someone who does not have the skills required to complete the project or that will charge you more than the agreed upon price. So be sure to do your due diligence and follow these hiring guidelines when selecting and hiring your handyman.
- Interview several prospects. As the song goes, you better shop around. Be sure to speak with 3 or 4 candidates before making a selection. Referral services, such as the one recommended on this website, can do the groundwork for you by providing pre-screened Zimmerman MN handymen. Be sure to ask about their experience, areas of expertise and rates.
- Clearly define the project. Make sure your prospective handyman understands the scope and all details of the project. It is important to make sure that it is within the range of his or her expertise and experience and not more appropriate for a licensed Zimmerman MN contractor.
- Ask for references. Get references from recent Zimmerman MN customers who have used the handyman’s services, for similar projects if available. Ask if they were completely satisfied with the work performed as well as the cost of services. Also ask if they would hire the handyman again for future projects.
- Get Agreement and Guarantee in writing. Make sure the terms are spelled out in writing, to include all fees involved and any guarantees for workmanship. Since you are paying by the hour it is not as critical to get the exact project cost up front, especially for small jobs. But there needs to be a formal understanding regarding hourly rate and if the Zimmerman MN handyman stands behind his work. And for longer projects, a start and completion date, along with estimated billed hours should be spelled out in writing before work begins.
A Bit About Zimmerman MN
The Village of Lake Fremont was incorporated in 1910. In 1967, the town was renamed the City of Zimmerman. Lake Fremont was named for the western explorer, John C. Frémont, and the name Zimmerman derives from Moses Zimmerman, a local farmer who was influential in promoting the idea of the Great Northern Railway coming through the area.
Every year in Zimmerman on Memorial Day weekend there is a community event called the "Wild West Days". This includes a carnival in Lion's Park, a parade, softball tournament, 5k charity run and many other activities. The parade usually includes the Middle/High School's band students (including Zimmerman High School Drumline), the fire department from Zimmerman and surrounding areas and floats from the area's many businesses. Also, the weekend after Labor Day the Zimmerman/Livonia Fire Dept. has their annual open house with tours of the fire station, safety demonstrations and other activities that are followed by a street dance in front of the station. This event is usually complemented by events involving many of the area churches and organizations.
Zimmerman is located close to many lakes. Lake Fremont is a spring fed lake located within the eastern most boundary of the city. Lake Fremont offers fishing, boating and swimming. Zimmerman is also the gateway to the Sherburne National Wildlife Refuge, which is one of the few natural oak savannas in the country. Zimmerman is also near the Sand Dunes State Forest, which features many miles of horse and snowmobile trails for one's enjoyment. The Sand Dunes State Forest also has camping, fishing, and swimming.
There are currently three school buildings in Zimmerman. The oldest is Zimmerman Elementary School. This school celebrated its 50th anniversary of operation in 2007 and underwent a renovation in 2009. It currently houses grades K-2. The other elementary school is Westwood Elementary School. It is one of the most energy efficient schools in the country. It has earned many awards for this, and news coverage for its extremely small energy bills. It contains a very efficient air filtration system, and the lighting is adjusted automatically. This school houses grades 3-5 and was completed in 2004. The other school is the combined Middle/High School. It was a middle school with the high school students attending Elk River High School. This continued until 2005 when the addition for the high school was added on. The High School sports teams are called the Thunder.
Is Hiring a Zimmerman MN Handyman Right For You?
We all have home repair or replacement projects that we keep putting off that a qualified Zimmerman MN handyman could take care of quickly and at a cost that is very reasonable and affordable. After all, isn’t it more cost effective to have the project done once and right the first time? Many handymen are skilled in several areas such as:
- Door repair and installation
- Drywall repair and installation
- Painting and Plastering
- Window repair or replacement
- Minor plumbing or electrical services
- Carpentry or Roof repair
- Flooring installation and repair
- Any general home repair, replacement or improvement
So what are you waiting for? Take care of your “Honey Do” list and request free estimates from some of the top rated handymen in Zimmerman MN. There is no cost or obligation to be connected with professionals who will compete for your business. So request your free proposals and take care of those home repair projects now!
Check Out These Other Cities in Minnesota
Business Results 1 - 10 of 28