Hiring an Affordable Union City GA Handyman
Hiring a handyman in Union City GA can be an affordable alternative to doing various home repair or improvement projects yourself that you have been avoiding. With multiple family and work responsibilities, it can often be difficult to work on your list of home repairs, which can have a negative impact on home maintenance. A handyman is usually less expensive than licensed contractors who specialize in one area exclusively, such as plumbers or electricians. And with their extensive and broad experience, they can help you avoid making mistakes when installing a washing machine, replacing a garbage disposal, or putting in a new tile floor yourself. There is nothing more frustrating than having to hire someone to re-do the job after you have done it very badly. Also, it can end up being more expensive than if you had hired a professional to begin with. So, if you are considering doing some home renovations or fixing something in the house that needs repair, consider the benefits of hiring a professional handyman instead.
Why Hire a Handyman Instead
Sometimes it is best to leave it to the experts when considering home maintenance or repair. A qualified and experienced Union City GA handyman can not only get the job done fast but do it right the first time, saving you frustration and time for other obligations. But what are the benefits of hiring a handyman compared to other options. Let’s take a look at some of the main reasons that it makes sense to utilize handyman services for your next home project.
- Charge by the hour. Most handymen in Union City GA charge by the hour and not by the job. This means that you only pay for the time spent doing actual work and not pre-set service charges plus additional costs that could far exceed what a handyman charges. They also tend to have lower overhead and no employees, so they can charge less than a typical plumber or electrician.
- Can handle several projects. Perhaps you have a faucet that needs replacing, an outlet that needs to be changed out, and a bedroom that needs to be painted. Instead of trying to find and coordinate with a reliable Union City GA plumber, electrician and painter, an experienced handyman can handle all of those projects.
- Save money on materials. When you hire a contractor, generally they supply the materials at a mark-up. When working with a handyman, you supply the materials, saving you money. And often an experienced handyman has connections that they have established with Union City GA vendors offering them discounts that they can pass on to their customers.
- The Go-To person for all home repair projects. The great thing about having the phone number for an experienced Union City GA professional handyman is that you don’t have to think about who to call when the toilet leaks or the ceiling fan stops working. You just call your guy (or gal) and they come over and take care of the problem. And if the job is a little more involved than they can handle, they can usually recommend a “specialist” to take care of your more advanced plumbing, electrical or HVAC needs.
Steps to Hiring a Handyman
Being comfortable with and having confidence in your Union City GA handyman is extremely important, especially since they are working in your home. The last thing that you want to do is hire someone who does not have the skills required to complete the project or that will charge you more than the agreed upon price. So be sure to do your due diligence and follow these hiring guidelines when selecting and hiring your handyman.
- Interview several prospects. As the song goes, you better shop around. Be sure to speak with 3 or 4 candidates before making a selection. Referral services, such as the one recommended on this website, can do the groundwork for you by providing pre-screened Union City GA handymen. Be sure to ask about their experience, areas of expertise and rates.
- Clearly define the project. Make sure your prospective handyman understands the scope and all details of the project. It is important to make sure that it is within the range of his or her expertise and experience and not more appropriate for a licensed Union City GA contractor.
- Ask for references. Get references from recent Union City GA customers who have used the handyman’s services, for similar projects if available. Ask if they were completely satisfied with the work performed as well as the cost of services. Also ask if they would hire the handyman again for future projects.
- Get Agreement and Guarantee in writing. Make sure the terms are spelled out in writing, to include all fees involved and any guarantees for workmanship. Since you are paying by the hour it is not as critical to get the exact project cost up front, especially for small jobs. But there needs to be a formal understanding regarding hourly rate and if the Union City GA handyman stands behind his work. And for longer projects, a start and completion date, along with estimated billed hours should be spelled out in writing before work begins.
A Bit About Union City GA
Union City, Georgia
The current mayor[when?] is Vince Williams, and council members include: Brian Jones, Angelette Mealing, Christina Hobbs, and Shayla Nealy. The City Manager is LaSonja Filliingame and City Clerk is Shandrella Jewett. The City Manager and City Clerk are appointed by the Mayor and City Council to carry out the policies, directives and day-to-day business of the city. The Union City Planning Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals are a citizen volunteer board and commission appointed by the City Council.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 19.3 square miles (50.0 km2), of which 19.1 square miles (49.5 km2) is land and 0.2 square miles (0.5 km2), or 0.83%, is water.
As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 19,456 people residing in the city. The racial makeup of the city was 81.5% Black, 8.6% White, 0.2% Native American, 0.8% Asian, 0.0% Pacific Islander, 0.3% from some other race and 1.6% from two or more races. 7.0% were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
As of the census of 2000, there were 11,622 people, 4,974 households, and 2,750 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,353.2 people per square mile (522.3/km²). There were 5,332 housing units at an average density of 620.9 per square mile (239.7/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 69.33% African American, 25.36% White, 0.26% Native American, 1.26% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 2.04% from other races, and 1.72% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.22% of the population.
Is Hiring a Union City GA Handyman Right For You?
We all have home repair or replacement projects that we keep putting off that a qualified Union City GA handyman could take care of quickly and at a cost that is very reasonable and affordable. After all, isn’t it more cost effective to have the project done once and right the first time? Many handymen are skilled in several areas such as:
- Door repair and installation
- Drywall repair and installation
- Painting and Plastering
- Window repair or replacement
- Minor plumbing or electrical services
- Carpentry or Roof repair
- Flooring installation and repair
- Any general home repair, replacement or improvement
So what are you waiting for? Take care of your “Honey Do” list and request free estimates from some of the top rated handymen in Union City GA. There is no cost or obligation to be connected with professionals who will compete for your business. So request your free proposals and take care of those home repair projects now!
Check Out These Other Cities in Georgia
Business Results 1 - 10 of 1700
Bing: Union City GA Handyman Search results
Home Maintenance Service Union City GA - Find Handyman ...
Hiring a handyman in Union City GA can be an affordable alternative to doing various home repair or improvement projects yourself that you have been avoiding. With multiple family and work responsibilities, it can often be difficult to work on your list of home repairs, which can have a negative impact on home maintenance.
25 Best Handyman Services - Union City GA | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Handyman Services in Union City, GA on HomeAdvisor. We Have 1112 Homeowner Reviews of Top Union City Handyman Services. A Different Look, LLC, Henlon Carpentry and Repair, Small Jobs, Inc., EZ Maintenance, LLC, All Star Maintenance Services, Inc. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Best 30 Handyman Services in Union City, GA with Reviews ...
Union City, GA 30291 Mr. White, is a professional handyman with very excellent skills in all types of handyman work each and every time that he was called upon to do a… 5.
A-Z Handyman & Roofing LLC 8943 Crestview Cir. Union City ...
Get directions, reviews and information for A-Z Handyman & Roofing LLC in Union City, GA. A-Z Handyman & Roofing LLC 8943 Crestview Cir. Union City GA 30291. 2 Reviews (404) 438-2470 Website. Menu & Reservations Make Reservations . Order Online Tickets Tickets See Availability ...
The 10 Best Handyman Services in Union City, GA 2019 - Porch
The most trusted handyman services in Union City, GA are on Porch. They have excellent community reviews, high BBB ratings & are backed by our $1000 quality guarantee.
A-Z Handyman & Roofing - Union City, GA - Yelp
Union City, GA 30291 (404) 438-2470 I would highly recommend to other people I asked for a same day appt after work and it was easily promised and completed to my full satisfaction. I always have liked the company and the personnel who represent them and I would highly recommend to other people service of A to Z Handyman.