Hiring an Affordable Glendale AZ Handyman
Hiring a handyman in Glendale AZ can be an affordable alternative to doing various home repair or improvement projects yourself that you have been avoiding. With multiple family and work responsibilities, it can often be difficult to work on your list of home repairs, which can have a negative impact on home maintenance. A handyman is usually less expensive than licensed contractors who specialize in one area exclusively, such as plumbers or electricians. And with their extensive and broad experience, they can help you avoid making mistakes when installing a washing machine, replacing a garbage disposal, or putting in a new tile floor yourself. There is nothing more frustrating than having to hire someone to re-do the job after you have done it very badly. Also, it can end up being more expensive than if you had hired a professional to begin with. So, if you are considering doing some home renovations or fixing something in the house that needs repair, consider the benefits of hiring a professional handyman instead.
Why Hire a Handyman Instead
Sometimes it is best to leave it to the experts when considering home maintenance or repair. A qualified and experienced Glendale AZ handyman can not only get the job done fast but do it right the first time, saving you frustration and time for other obligations. But what are the benefits of hiring a handyman compared to other options. Let’s take a look at some of the main reasons that it makes sense to utilize handyman services for your next home project.
- Charge by the hour. Most handymen in Glendale AZ charge by the hour and not by the job. This means that you only pay for the time spent doing actual work and not pre-set service charges plus additional costs that could far exceed what a handyman charges. They also tend to have lower overhead and no employees, so they can charge less than a typical plumber or electrician.
- Can handle several projects. Perhaps you have a faucet that needs replacing, an outlet that needs to be changed out, and a bedroom that needs to be painted. Instead of trying to find and coordinate with a reliable Glendale AZ plumber, electrician and painter, an experienced handyman can handle all of those projects.
- Save money on materials. When you hire a contractor, generally they supply the materials at a mark-up. When working with a handyman, you supply the materials, saving you money. And often an experienced handyman has connections that they have established with Glendale AZ vendors offering them discounts that they can pass on to their customers.
- The Go-To person for all home repair projects. The great thing about having the phone number for an experienced Glendale AZ professional handyman is that you don’t have to think about who to call when the toilet leaks or the ceiling fan stops working. You just call your guy (or gal) and they come over and take care of the problem. And if the job is a little more involved than they can handle, they can usually recommend a “specialist” to take care of your more advanced plumbing, electrical or HVAC needs.
Steps to Hiring a Handyman
Being comfortable with and having confidence in your Glendale AZ handyman is extremely important, especially since they are working in your home. The last thing that you want to do is hire someone who does not have the skills required to complete the project or that will charge you more than the agreed upon price. So be sure to do your due diligence and follow these hiring guidelines when selecting and hiring your handyman.
- Interview several prospects. As the song goes, you better shop around. Be sure to speak with 3 or 4 candidates before making a selection. Referral services, such as the one recommended on this website, can do the groundwork for you by providing pre-screened Glendale AZ handymen. Be sure to ask about their experience, areas of expertise and rates.
- Clearly define the project. Make sure your prospective handyman understands the scope and all details of the project. It is important to make sure that it is within the range of his or her expertise and experience and not more appropriate for a licensed Glendale AZ contractor.
- Ask for references. Get references from recent Glendale AZ customers who have used the handyman’s services, for similar projects if available. Ask if they were completely satisfied with the work performed as well as the cost of services. Also ask if they would hire the handyman again for future projects.
- Get Agreement and Guarantee in writing. Make sure the terms are spelled out in writing, to include all fees involved and any guarantees for workmanship. Since you are paying by the hour it is not as critical to get the exact project cost up front, especially for small jobs. But there needs to be a formal understanding regarding hourly rate and if the Glendale AZ handyman stands behind his work. And for longer projects, a start and completion date, along with estimated billed hours should be spelled out in writing before work begins.
A Bit About Glendale AZ
Glendale /ˈɡlɛndeɪl/ is a city in Maricopa County, Arizona, United States, located about nine miles (14 km) northwest from Downtown Phoenix. According to the 2017 U.S. Census estimates, the population of the city is 246,709.
In the late 1800s what is now known as Glendale, Arizona, was all desert. William John Murphy, a native of New Hartford, New York, who resided in the town of Flagstaff in what was then known as the territory of Arizona, was in charge of building a 40-mile-long (64 km) Arizona Canal from Granite Reef to New River for the Arizona Canal Company. In 1885, he completed the canal, which would bring water to the desert land. Murphy was deep in debt, since he had agreed to be paid in Arizona Canal Company stock and bonds and land instead of cash.
In 1887, Murphy formed the Arizona Improvement Company. His objective was to sell the land and water rights south of the canal. Murphy had to raise capital from out of state sources in order to meet payroll and construction expenses. Murphy decided to refer to this land as "Glendale". In order to develop and interest potential investors and settlers in this new town, Murphy decided to provide a better way of access from Phoenix to Glendale and ending in the town of Peoria by building an 18-mile-long (29 km) diagonal road which he named Grand Avenue.
In 1891, Burgess Hadsell worked with Murphy to bring 70 Brethren and River Brethren families to Glendale to form a temperance colony. Soon settlers, attracted by the town's ban on alcoholic beverages, continued to arrive. In 1895, Murphy platted the original town site and amended the plat to include a town park and some business lots. It was bounded by Lamar Road on the south, 55th Avenue on the east, Myrtle Avenue on the north, and 59th Avenue on the west. The construction of a railroad from Prescott to Phoenix was made possible with an exchange of the right-of-way made by Murphy along Grand Avenue. The railroad allowed Glendale settlers to transport goods to the north and easily receive building materials.
Is Hiring a Glendale AZ Handyman Right For You?
We all have home repair or replacement projects that we keep putting off that a qualified Glendale AZ handyman could take care of quickly and at a cost that is very reasonable and affordable. After all, isn’t it more cost effective to have the project done once and right the first time? Many handymen are skilled in several areas such as:
- Door repair and installation
- Drywall repair and installation
- Painting and Plastering
- Window repair or replacement
- Minor plumbing or electrical services
- Carpentry or Roof repair
- Flooring installation and repair
- Any general home repair, replacement or improvement
So what are you waiting for? Take care of your “Honey Do” list and request free estimates from some of the top rated handymen in Glendale AZ. There is no cost or obligation to be connected with professionals who will compete for your business. So request your free proposals and take care of those home repair projects now!
Check Out These Other Cities in Arizona
Business Results 1 - 10 of 1300
Bing: Glendale AZ Handyman Search results
25 Best Handyman Services - Glendale AZ | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Handyman Services in Glendale, AZ on HomeAdvisor. We Have 2002 Homeowner Reviews of Top Glendale Handyman Services. Desert View, Lombardo Enterprises, LLC - Unlicensed Contractor, Scott's Handyman and Remodel Services - Unlicensed Contractor, Impact Solutions - Unlicensed Contractor, S Thomsen Handy Man - Unlicensed Contractor.
M&H Handyman Service - Handyman - Glendale, AZ - Phone ...
(602) 568-1579 · Glendale, AZ 85306
Handyman in Glendale - Yelp
Find the best Handyman on Yelp: search reviews of 304 Glendale businesses by price, type, or location.
Priority One Home Repair | Glendale Handyman Service ...
Priority One Home Repair LLC offers a wide range of Glendale handyman services in the west valley and Phoenix metropolitan area. We take great pride in our work and guarantee to perform our services with the highest quality and professionalism for each and every customer. We are truly not satisfied until you are!
The 5 Best Handyman Services in Glendale, AZ (with Free ...
Serves Glendale, AZ Arthur is an all around great guy. He is very knowledgeable in many different parts of the construction trade and is an excellant foreman. He has an invaluable list of contacts that he can provide to fellow contractors and customers.
The 10 Best Handyman Services in Glendale, AZ 2020 - Porch
Glendale, Arizona (2) Priority One Home Repair LLC is a locally owned Glendale, AZ handyman company. We provide home repair, maintenance and improvement services within the greater Phoenix area.
Handyman In Glendale AZ | Free Estimates | Eddie Of All ...
Handyman In Glendale, AZ Eddie Of All Trades LLC is a family-owned handyman business that provides honest and reliable handyman services in Glendale, Phoenix, Cave Creek, Scottsdale, and surrounding areas in Arizona.
D & G Handyman Service - Home | Facebook
D & G Handyman Service. 105 likes · 1 talking about this. Handyman Service and Remodeling Company. No job too big or small, specializing in Kitchen and Bath remodels
G'N'M Handyman Services, LLC - Home | Facebook
G'N'M Handyman Services, LLC, Glendale, Arizona. 46 likes. FREE ESTIMATES, we accept Checks, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
3 Best Handyman in Glendale, AZ - Expert Recommendations
7723 North 46th Drive, Glendale, AZ 85301 Since 2003. Home Repairs, Plumbing, Carpentry, Fencing, Cabinet Repairs, Electrical Works, Light Fixtures, Ceiling Fans, Painting, Odd Jobs & Appliance Installation. Provides services on commercial and residential handyman needs.