Hiring an Affordable Blountsville AL Handyman
Hiring a handyman in Blountsville AL can be an affordable alternative to doing various home repair or improvement projects yourself that you have been avoiding. With multiple family and work responsibilities, it can often be difficult to work on your list of home repairs, which can have a negative impact on home maintenance. A handyman is usually less expensive than licensed contractors who specialize in one area exclusively, such as plumbers or electricians. And with their extensive and broad experience, they can help you avoid making mistakes when installing a washing machine, replacing a garbage disposal, or putting in a new tile floor yourself. There is nothing more frustrating than having to hire someone to re-do the job after you have done it very badly. Also, it can end up being more expensive than if you had hired a professional to begin with. So, if you are considering doing some home renovations or fixing something in the house that needs repair, consider the benefits of hiring a professional handyman instead.
Why Hire a Handyman Instead
Sometimes it is best to leave it to the experts when considering home maintenance or repair. A qualified and experienced Blountsville AL handyman can not only get the job done fast but do it right the first time, saving you frustration and time for other obligations. But what are the benefits of hiring a handyman compared to other options. Let’s take a look at some of the main reasons that it makes sense to utilize handyman services for your next home project.
- Charge by the hour. Most handymen in Blountsville AL charge by the hour and not by the job. This means that you only pay for the time spent doing actual work and not pre-set service charges plus additional costs that could far exceed what a handyman charges. They also tend to have lower overhead and no employees, so they can charge less than a typical plumber or electrician.
- Can handle several projects. Perhaps you have a faucet that needs replacing, an outlet that needs to be changed out, and a bedroom that needs to be painted. Instead of trying to find and coordinate with a reliable Blountsville AL plumber, electrician and painter, an experienced handyman can handle all of those projects.
- Save money on materials. When you hire a contractor, generally they supply the materials at a mark-up. When working with a handyman, you supply the materials, saving you money. And often an experienced handyman has connections that they have established with Blountsville AL vendors offering them discounts that they can pass on to their customers.
- The Go-To person for all home repair projects. The great thing about having the phone number for an experienced Blountsville AL professional handyman is that you don’t have to think about who to call when the toilet leaks or the ceiling fan stops working. You just call your guy (or gal) and they come over and take care of the problem. And if the job is a little more involved than they can handle, they can usually recommend a “specialist” to take care of your more advanced plumbing, electrical or HVAC needs.
Steps to Hiring a Handyman
Being comfortable with and having confidence in your Blountsville AL handyman is extremely important, especially since they are working in your home. The last thing that you want to do is hire someone who does not have the skills required to complete the project or that will charge you more than the agreed upon price. So be sure to do your due diligence and follow these hiring guidelines when selecting and hiring your handyman.
- Interview several prospects. As the song goes, you better shop around. Be sure to speak with 3 or 4 candidates before making a selection. Referral services, such as the one recommended on this website, can do the groundwork for you by providing pre-screened Blountsville AL handymen. Be sure to ask about their experience, areas of expertise and rates.
- Clearly define the project. Make sure your prospective handyman understands the scope and all details of the project. It is important to make sure that it is within the range of his or her expertise and experience and not more appropriate for a licensed Blountsville AL contractor.
- Ask for references. Get references from recent Blountsville AL customers who have used the handyman’s services, for similar projects if available. Ask if they were completely satisfied with the work performed as well as the cost of services. Also ask if they would hire the handyman again for future projects.
- Get Agreement and Guarantee in writing. Make sure the terms are spelled out in writing, to include all fees involved and any guarantees for workmanship. Since you are paying by the hour it is not as critical to get the exact project cost up front, especially for small jobs. But there needs to be a formal understanding regarding hourly rate and if the Blountsville AL handyman stands behind his work. And for longer projects, a start and completion date, along with estimated billed hours should be spelled out in writing before work begins.
A Bit About Blountsville AL
Blount County was created by the Alabama territorial legislature on February 6, 1818, from land ceded to the federal government by the Creek Nation on August 9, 1814. It was named for Gov. Willie G. Blount of Tennessee, who provided assistance to settlers in Alabama during the Creek War of 1813-14. It lies in the northeastern section of the state, generally known as the mineral region.
What became Blountsville appears on an 1819 map as the mixed Creek/Cherokee Native American village of "Wassausey" (meaning Bear Meat Cabin, the name of an Indian translator who lived there). The town was established by Caleb Fryley and Johnny Jones in 1816 as Bear Meat Cabin. The post office was opened as Blountsville on October 20, 1825, and incorporated on December 13, 1827. It was the county seat until 1889 when the government was moved to Oneonta.
There were many schools in the town in the early years: The Academy, Blount College and the District Agricultural School, plus the public schools. The Blount County Courthouse and jail was built in 1833 and remained there until it was moved to Oneonta. A major crossroads in early Alabama, Blountsville became a Confederate depot for the cavalry. Confederate forces led by General Nathan Bedford Forrest and Union forces led by General Abel Streight skirmished briefly in the town on May 1, 1863, and Major General Lovell H. Rousseau and his Union cavalry occupied the town in July 1864. Blount College was in the building that was originally the courthouse. It was established in 1890. The beautiful Blountsville United Methodist Church was established in 1818 and is the oldest building in Blountsville and is still in use today. Another old building in Blountsville was once known as the Barclift House. Built in 1834 as Hendricks Tavern, it is now owned and is being restored by the Ortiz family.
The Freeman House, built circa 1825, was damaged by a storm, and the two-story brick dwelling was rebuilt, using the same bricks, into a one story. The porches face the historic Meat Cabin Road, and the other porch faces U.S. Highway 231. The structure has been renovated by the Blountsville Historical Society and now serves as a museum and visitors' center. Several other buildings of the period have been added to the park and are furnished with period furnishings. The park is open to the public for tours.
Is Hiring a Blountsville AL Handyman Right For You?
We all have home repair or replacement projects that we keep putting off that a qualified Blountsville AL handyman could take care of quickly and at a cost that is very reasonable and affordable. After all, isn’t it more cost effective to have the project done once and right the first time? Many handymen are skilled in several areas such as:
- Door repair and installation
- Drywall repair and installation
- Painting and Plastering
- Window repair or replacement
- Minor plumbing or electrical services
- Carpentry or Roof repair
- Flooring installation and repair
- Any general home repair, replacement or improvement
So what are you waiting for? Take care of your “Honey Do” list and request free estimates from some of the top rated handymen in Blountsville AL. There is no cost or obligation to be connected with professionals who will compete for your business. So request your free proposals and take care of those home repair projects now!
Check Out These Other Cities in Alabama
Business Results 1 - 10 of 3
Bing: Blountsville AL Handyman Search results
13 Best Handyman Services - Huntsville AL | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Handyman Services in Huntsville, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 1168 Homeowner Reviews of Top Huntsville Handyman Services. CandS Building Services, D and M Services, Grissom Home Services, Mr. Handyman of Huntsville, ProMark and Lee Contracting. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
The 10 Best Handyman Services in Blountsville, AL 2020 - Porch
The most trusted handyman services in Blountsville, AL are on Porch. They have excellent community reviews, high BBB ratings & are backed by our $1000 quality guarantee.
BBB Accredited Handyman near Blountsville, AL | Better ...
BBB Accredited Handyman near Blountsville, AL. BBB Start with Trust ®. Your guide to trusted BBB Ratings, customer reviews and BBB Accredited businesses.
7 Best Handyman Services - Blountsville AL | HomeAdvisor
Hire the Best Handyman Services in Blountsville, AL on HomeAdvisor. We Have 135 Homeowner Reviews of Top Blountsville Handyman Services. Cox Handyman and Lawn Care, All Work Guaranteed, Bruce's Electric, Hopson Handyman and Maid Service, Jones Custom Remodeling and Repair. Get Quotes and Book Instantly.
Best 13 Handyman Services in Blountsville, AL with Reviews ...
Cleveland, AL 35049 From Business: Independent contractor specializing in projects that every homeowner needs ranging from carpentry, plumbing, electrical, pressure washing and lawn care. A…
Building and Repair Specialties. Handyman Service ...
Blountsville, AL: Roof & siding project: 4/2006 "Installed metal roof and siding on a house, with extra metal trim to decorate. Created custom trim … $0: Blountsville, AL: School window project: 5/1999: custom window job- grammar school in Blountsville. measured and custom made vinyl tinted windows. En… $0: Blountsville, AL
Handyman Rates Blountsville AL - Find Handyman Services ...
Hiring a handyman in Blountsville AL can be an affordable alternative to doing various home repair or improvement projects yourself that you have been avoiding. With multiple family and work responsibilities, it can often be difficult to work on your list of home repairs, which can have a negative impact on home maintenance.
× Enter zipcode to search Pavers for Patios, Walks and Steps - Install projects. Enter Zipcode. Search Project. Paving × Enter zipcode to search Paving projects
Handyman Services - Blountsville, AL - AL.com
Find Handyman Services local business listings in and near Blountsville, AL. Get Handyman Services business addresses, phone numbers, driving directions, maps, reviews and more.
Top 10 Best Blountsville AL Handyman Services | Angie's List
Join for free! Read real reviews and see ratings for Blountsville, AL Handyman Services near you to help you pick the right pro Handyman.